Thursday, August 10, 2023

Your Last Chance, Disney



@john2001plus
1 minute ago

I am a die-hard Star Wars fan who is critical of Disney Star Wars but not nearly as hostile in my criticism.  I have found almost all of Disney Star Wars entertaining, despite a few flaws, large and small.  

I am disappointed with The Rise of Crapwalker, which is a barely entertaining movie.  It is logically flawed and ruins Darth Vader's sacrifice by bringing back Palpatine.  The sequel trilogy as a whole is a bit of a letdown.

However, I will swear to my dying breath that The Last Jedi is an entertaining movie because I found it entertaining.  It is not the story I would have told, but if they did everything I expected then it would be a pretty boring movie.  It has some brief cringe-worthy dialog, but if you can ignore that then the movie has a really good story.  It was also an opportunity that J.J. Abrams squandered to take Star Wars in a new direction, where you didn't have to be a Skywalker to use the force.

I enjoyed the Kenobi and The Book of Boba Fett series.  I realize that they are not perfect, but my expectations for TV shows are lower than major movies.  I feel like the Star Wars audience wants to nitpick these shows to death because they are not perfect, but they still have entertaining stories.

The movie Solo didn't do much for me.  All the characters are unlikeable, which makes it hard to enjoy.

I really like Rogue One and Andor.  I absolutely love The Mandalorian.  Season 2 is astonishingly good, but unfortunately, season 3 is barely passable.

No comments:

Post a Comment