Friday, July 3, 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road versus Jurassic World versus The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Mad Max:  Fury Road is a good summer action film that really adds nothing to the genre that we haven't seen before.  Tom Hardy is not as appealing, or as manly, as Mel Gibson in the role of Max.  In fact, he is upstaged by Charlize Theron who seems to have more cojones than he does.

About 15 minutes before the end I had to get out of my front row seat and move back a bit.  That is because all the car chases and loud explosions were starting to grate on my nervous system.

I find myself wondering why we need so many movie remakes that are no better and often worse than the originals?  Still, I enjoyed the movie enough to recommend it.  

Rating:  * * *


When I saw the trailers for Jurassic World, I asked "Haven't we seen this movie before?"  Yes, three times before, but as far as I can tell the Jurassic movies have gotten better with each incarnation.  I wasn't happy with the original Jurassic Park, or its sequel, but liked this film and its predecessor.

Here the characters and story are better developed.  There is enough new material to make it a pretty slick movie.  

Rating * * * 1/2


The Avengers: Age of Ultron is better than the much loved The Avengers in every respect.  The previous film suffered from too many squabbles between the characters and a last 30 minutes that was overkill on action and special effects.  The new movie has better developed characters and a much more interesting villain.

I think that it is tied with Jurassic World for good summer blockbuster entertainment.  Rating:  * * * 1/2.   

1 comment:

  1. With a Hotmail account, you can send and receive emails quickly and easily as well as login and use all Microsoft services.
    hotmail login | sign in to hotmail | create hotmail account
    This is the game so players feel very fierce , adventurous . You try to join and play this game , you will feel great like.
    strike force heroes | strike force heroes 4 | tank trouble 2
    slither io | <a hr

    ReplyDelete