Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mr. Peabody and Sherman

Fans of The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show from the early 1960's will probably enjoy Mr. Peabody and Sherman, which is the somewhat silly movie adaption of the silly 1960's television cartoon.  The movie is more geared to children, like the original, but also like the original it has a certain wittiness about it that will appeal to adults.  The 3D animation is far more gorgeous than a cartoon like this deserves, and there is plenty of action and barely enough plot to make me glad that I saw it.

I have only two complaints:  The original Sherman was portrayed as a smart nerd, but in this movie he is immature and always getting into trouble.  There is also just enough scatological humor to raise a few eyebrows, but I am sure that the kids will find it funny.

Some of the scenes are a little too silly for my tastes, but the story and the pacing are pretty good.

Rating:  * * * 

No comments:

Post a Comment