Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Force Awakens

Since I agree with almost all of the comments, I am going to provide a couple of links to videos criticizing Star Wars The Force Awakens. However, I still think that the movie is entertaining. I think that the three central characters Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren are characters that we get emotionally invested in, and I think that Kylo Ren is a brilliant alternate view of evil.

Yes, there are major elements copied from Episode IV, but this is just the backdrop to introduce the new characters. The plot is not the point, but the characters are. One gets the sense that the real story is in the next movie, especially since the ending leaves us hanging.

I also see great potential for the next movie to fill in the missing details that felt like plot holes in this film.



Star Wars The Force Awakens has a 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

My original review is here.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment